Bloggers are like my extended family: Amitabh Bachchan

Bloggers are like my extended family: Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh calls bloggers his extended family, shares his day-to-day life with them and is now looking forward to see the faces of those who regularly visit his blog. Superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who completed a year of blogging April 17, doesn't want to tag his online friends who enrich his life as 'faceless'.

' 'Faceless' is a harsh term. I refer to them as my 'extended family'. They confide in me. They show affection and concern. They get upset at times and reprimand me... they miss me when I am not there on time. Are not all these wonderfully domesticated attributes?

'And now Big Adda (the website that hosts his blog) is developing software and my readers will be able to put up their photographs on the blog against their name. So they shall no longer be 'faceless',' the Big B told IANS in an interview.

Excerpts from the interview:

Q: Blogging seems to have become a leading interest in your life. When and how did you develop an interest in it?

A: It is not a leading interest, but I can safely say blogging seeks my involvement every day. I had heard of the concept but had no idea what it was and what it entailed. I heard of Aamir (Khan) having one and during a discussion with Big Adda (team), who were designing my website, I enquired about it. They happily put the whole concept together - within days trained me on some essentials ... and I made a soft beginning. It has been most enlightening since.

Q: Did it occur to you that you may not have the time to pursue blogging seriously?

A: No. That didn't bother me. What worried me was my absence from it, once having started it... To me, it is a wonderful medium to be able to connect with my fans and well-wishers.

Q: What is it about blogging that you like best?

A: The ability to convey individually and personally my feelings to the reader, secure in the thought that it shall reach them without any corruption.

Q: You are an extremely private person. And yet you seem happy sharing your day-to-day activities with your bloggers' community. How and why did that happen?

A: I think this is a completely erroneous notion in the minds of those that form opinions on me. Every day of my life for the last 40 years I have been going in front of the camera and exposing every possible emotion or attitude that I possess. Actors are indeed as transparent as they can possibly be when in front of the lens. You come to know how they speak, how they laugh, how they cry, how they dance and run and emote and.... What more would you want to know about them to declassify them from privacy?

Q: How close do you feel to these faceless friends who visit you regularly on the blog?

A: 'Faceless' is a harsh term. I refer to them as my 'extended family'. They confide in me. They show affection and concern. They get upset at times and reprimand me. They share their dreams and ambitions with me... they miss me when I am not there on time. Are not all these wonderfully domesticated attributes? And now Big Adda is developing software and my readers will be able to put up their photographs on the blog against their names. So they shall no longer be 'faceless'.

Q: You've certainly enriched their lives by your presence. How have your blogging buddies enriched your life?

A: Brilliant question! And one that I am so happy to answer. They enrich my life by their honesty and frankness. By pulling me out of my closet at times and showing me a mirror. By critically analysing events and moments. By educating me on my faults.

Q: How much time do you devote to blogging? Is it now a mandatory part of your daily life?

A: I blog whenever I get the time. Sometimes I convey rapidly, most of the time not. But I do convey every day...And may I have the strength to continue in this fashion.

Q: Do you feel liberated of the need to put your thoughts and voice across on the media?

A: Yes, I do. Liberated to give my expression as opposed to that which is perceived. Liberated to contradict a mischievous accusation. Liberated to be able to inform in the correctness of things... Liberated to share a private moment with those that understand and show sympathy... And finally, liberated to stand up to 'wretched' puerile kindergarten rhymed opinion makers and be able to exercise the constitutional right of every living Indian; the freedom of my expression.

Q: Finally, has blogging freed you of the inhibitions regarding your privacy? Are you now more inclined to write an autobiography?

A: I'm incapable of writing an autobiography.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post