priyanka host a reality show

Priyanka Chopra is not looking to step into Akki’s shoes, she tells TOI, as she gears up for her TV debut.

Are you nervous about hosting the new season of the adventure-based reality show on TV?
Fear is not a factor in my life! I’m very excited about my TV debut and this has been one of my favourite shows. It’s something I enjoyed watching. Besides, I’m a huge adrenaline junkie.

Akshay Kumar hosted the first two seasons and stepping into his shoes isn’t an easy task...
There is no comparison... he is the original khiladi. He is the action hero and I’m not stepping into his shoes at all. I intend to get my personality into this show.

It must have been disappointing to not have the cricketers as contestants as planned initially...
That’s not the case. The cricketers couldn’t be part of the show after the BCCI took a decision on that. But we have a great mix of participants now. It would have been only one kind with the cricketers, but now it’s an eclectic mix.

What about the earlier belief that TV is a step down from films?
There’s no such thing anymore. Look at the number of film actors on TV today. There’s this convergence happening which is very good.

Would you like to do more shows?
I have some great films lined up. September is a very exciting month for me because my movie releases and my TV show goes on air at the same time. Both are totally different from each other, but I’m looking forward to the audience response. About doing more TV shows, well, let’s see. For now I’m excited about this one. I love taking risks. I love pushing the envelope!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post