Kat at Race of success bash

Katrina Kaif is shooting in Patiala for director Ali Abbas Zafar’s ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ in Patiala and a lot of Punjabi boys lined up outside the hotel to get a glimpse of the actress
. They address her by the name ‘Jasmeet’ (This was Kat’s name in Namastey London).

At first Kat was puzzled with the name. It was out of her mind but she recollected later. Laughs Katrina, "In Namastey London I played a girl who comes to Punjab with her parents, looking for a bridegroom. I think these gentlemen take my screen role too seriously."

Those Punjabi Mundas are not looking for photographs or autographs
from Kat but something more than that. They asked to meet Katrina’s parents. Says the actress, "It's fun as long as the shooting doesn't get disrupted or I am not intruded upon. These are harmless fans... at least most of them are."

Security has been tightened around the shooting place and in the hotel area. Kat admits, "We've the local administration in Patiala providing us the security. And then we've our own security from Mumbai. So I guess it's safe. Fortunately, the shooting is a little out of Patiala. Shooting in town would've been impossible."

The unit of the film is staying in a non-luxury hotel as it is the only hotel available nearby the shooting place. Kat quips, "The place we're staying in is very basic. There're no luxury hotels here. I enjoy the austerity. I think we actors are much too pampered."

Speaking about the prospective grooms, Kat says, "very sweet. Knowing that shooting in a place where things can get uncomfortable they keep an eye on me and especially on the people who show up at the shoot and the hotel. Prospective grooms would have to be screened by my two vigilant co-stars."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post