I’m being Barbie and Sheila: Katrina

These days, I’m being called Barbie and Sheila, half and half,” says actor Katrina Kaif, referring to her sizzling item number, Sheila ki Jawaani and the Barbie doll that was modelled after her.  Talking about the song from Tees Maar Khan (TMK), which has got the nation
talking, Kaif says, “Yes, I’ve worn a half-sari, but the song is not so much about clothes as it is about the attitude.” Given how it’s an item song featuring a struggling actor with big Bollywood dreams, did it bring back any memories of her struggling days? “Nooo,” she chuckles. “It’s a tongue-in-cheek take on our item songs and Sheila is a naïve and not-too-clever girl. There was no emotional connect. But, I had a blast shooting it.”

Rumour has it that she’s done also a number sequence similar to the hut number Chaiya chaiya, a top a train. “I didn’t,” she rebuts. “But, there are key visuals of the train and the climax was shot with me hanging out of the train and Akshay (Kumar) supporting my weight. I wasn’t apprehensive because action scenes with Akshay are always safe. He’s experienced and I trust him.”

KatrinaThe Christmas release, however, has thrown Kat’s holiday plans for a six. “I’ve made no plans since I may be required to do a bit of work promoting it during the New Year too,” she says.

There’s also talk of a sequel to the film, but Kat says, “It’s the current fad and Farah’s call. But, for now, the only sequel I’m doing is Dostana 2.” No Race 2? “No. I was killed in a car crash at the end of Part 1. Since the follow-up has no ghost track, I really can’t make a spirited comeback,” she quips.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post