"I Want a man like Maddy" :Bipasha Basu

2011 hasn’t exactly been the best of years for Bengali bombshell Bipasha Basu. She broke up with long-time boyfriend John Abraham, was rumoured to have link-ups with Rana Daggubati and former boyfriend Dino Morea and to top it all, her movie Dum Maaro Dum didn’t do too well. The actress, however, isn’t complaining.

Bips is already working towards ending the year on a big positive note. For starters, she is looking better than ever. While known to be a health freak, her bikini body in Players is mind-blowing. “Being healthy is very important to me. I always keep a check on what I eat and what I do. I do gorge but only on healthy foods like fruits, almonds, dry fruits, juices and coconut water. I consciously avoid fat-laden and oily things.”

“About six months back, I started eating scrambled eggs without salt and would lunch on steamed fish and boiled chicken. This was to lose weight. Mushroom and oranges became my craving munchies. I also did yoga for at least an hour a day and meditated to keep my mind healthy and in peace. The one thing that I stayed far, far away from was mithai. I love them, yet I couldn’t eat any.”

And seems like mithai isn’t going to be on her Christmas and New Year list either as the actor will be promoting Players. “Other than that I do not have any other plans. But yes, if the schedule permits, I’d like to party with my family and friends. Also, I would love to go to Greece, which is among my favourite destinations." As an afterthought Bips adds, “In 2012, I want to do amazing films. I do have Raaz 3, Jodi Breakers, and Singularity and I wish they do really well. Plus, I wish for a financially good year.”

She is, of course, very excited about her next release, Players as she is working once again with her mentors Abbas-Mustan. Says Bipasha, “Abbas-Mustan have always made films that are different. They make movies with intriguing storylines and working with them is always a pleasure.” Talking about her role she says, “I play the character of Ria. The name is very dear to me as I have had this name in many of my earlier films. In Players I play a techno-geek, a pro who can work with any gadget and for those she can’t she charms people to get the work done.”

The dusky beauty, however, does not want to discuss her personal life. “Once you become a celebrity, your personal life becomes a joke. I can’t understand why people are so inquisitive about my personal life. But I guess that’s the price one pays for being part of the entertainment industry — your dating dynamics are out in the open.”

She, however, says that she is never affected by the stuff written about her. “Ever since my Bollywood debut, I have stopped reading and commenting on controversies related to me. It’s better to ignore them than to give them more fodder.” She adds that her relation with South star Rana Daggubati is “pure professional”. “Our onscreen chemistry was so mind-blowing that people linked us in real life too.”

Steering clear of all “John queries”, Bipasha takes a dig at media men who keep writing on her link-ups. “You guys need to be decent enough to keep linking us all the time,” she remarks, adding, “I am bored of talking about my break-up. I believe whatever happened, happened for the best. I never look back or regret what has happened in the past. I believe life teaches us everything.”

The actress also denies rumours of link-ups with former flame Dino Morea, but happily shares the “key defining factor” to a good relationship, “Nothing but love. Love is supreme. We understand each other so well that it ensures our togetherness. Moreover, love is above all.”

And while Bips vehemently protects her single status, she admits finding South star R. Madhavan most attractive. “After working with Maddy, I have started craving for a man like him. He has all the good qualities one looks for in a man. He is a total family man and charming and confident. The only thing that peeves me about him is his weight. Maddy is just too lazy to take his workouts seriously. Else, he is one actor who, while having a good rapport with all his female stars, is loyal to his wife, Sarita,” says the actress who, along with Sarita, is on a mission to make the South heartthrob lose the extra pounds.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post