SRK and Salman named most profitable stars of 2011....

Salman and SRK on top!

Their films may have been panned by the critics, but Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan have emerged as the most profitable stars of Bollywood for the year 2011, as judged at ETC Bollywood Business Awards.

2011 saw two blockbusters by both Salman and Shahrukh. While the former gave the hit films Bodyguard and Ready, the latter gave two action-packed films Ra.One and Don 2.

At the ETC Bollywood Business Awards, Salman Khan's Bodyguard was named the top grosser of the year and the film's director Siddique walked away with the most profitable director's trophy.

On the other hand, Shahrukh Khan’s mega-budget dream project Ra.One was recognised as the best marketed film of the year and also bagged an award under the highest single day collection category.

“Now I can safely say 'har mulk ki public mujhe dhoondti hai'. Ra.One, Bollywood's most expensive movie, was my dream project. It feels great that my long cherished dream has been applauded and acknowledged,” said a happy Shahrukh Khan.

“Allah has been very kind to me and helped me to entertain my audiences and it is quite literally my audiences' love that has fetched me these awards. Inshallah! I'll continue to entertain my audiences and make it to this award in years to come,” Shahrukh Khan added.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post