Kader Khan launching series of plays

He is still remembered for his comic capers and villainous roles and missed by his fans. Actor Kader Khan had simply vanished from Bollywood. However, Kader Khan had busied himself into a life of theatre and academics.

Theatre was Kader Khan’s first love and now he is rekindling his passion by staging a series of plays featuring his sons next week April 7 onwards.

He has written the first play, a satire titled Hamare Bhi Meharban Kaise Kaise, directed by his elder son Sarfaraz Khan, with his younger son Shahnawaz acting in it.

Said Kader Khan, “I started with theatre but people dragged me into films. I was busy with films for decades but at some point, I realised I wasn’t getting good offers and was wasting my time so I decided to get back to my roots.

I lost all my friends like Manmohan Desai and Prakash Mehra one by one. A few are still there but the industry is like a moving train and if you get down once, you are out of the touch with many. I still get offers and I am open to work if I get good scripts and roles.”

Meanwhile, in the eight years that he has been away missing, Khan has been using his time fruitfully, to say the least. He has been working on books in multiple languages including Urdu, Arabic, Persian and so on and has completed 325 books so far for the Government of India. He has also done 12 plays.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post