Madhuri, Sushmita conferred for excellence

Bollywood divas Madhuri Dixit and Sushmita Sen were awarded for their individual excellence in the field of acting and entrepreneurship.

Madhuri was awarded with the platinum diva award, while Sushmita on the other hand took away the woman entrepreneur award for successfully running her organization –I AM SHE, at the Planman Media’s Powerbrands Hall of Fame awards held at Kingdom of Dreams recently.

“I am very proud and honoured after receiving the award. It reiterates the fact that people still look at me with integrity. I have come here with a lot of hard work,” said Madhuri Dixit. She was accompanied by husband Sriram Nene.

Sushmita Sen said: “It has been a journey for me. I won Miss Universe in 1994, got to do my first film ‘Dastak’ in 1996 and now I receive this woman entrepreneur award for I AM SHE, which I opened two years ago.”

The awards for rising star female and rising star male went to actors Parineeti Chopra and Prateik Babbar, respectively.

“Just a year ago I was not even planning to become an actress. I was working in corporate industry. I always thought of becoming a banker. But I think destiny has its own role to play,” said Parineeti.

“It feels really good that I have been getting so many awards. I promise to keep working harder and I hope to keep everybody happy,” she added.

Prateik Babbar, dedicating his trophy to the people he has worked with so far said: “This is really encouraging. I would like to dedicate this to all the people who I have worked in all my films”.

An award for exemplary contribution to Indian theatre was given to theatre veteran Tom Alter.

In the category, India Ki Shaan, celebrity chef Vikas Khanna was honoured at the awards ceremony.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post