Saif will play Jawaharlal Nehru?

If all goes well, actor Saif Ali Khan will be seen play Jawaharlal Nehru
in Britain-based Indian filmmaker, Gurinder Chadha’s partition film. The film will be shot in Delhi and Jodhpur.

“I’ve already acquired the necessary permission to shoot everywhere in India including Rashtrapati Bhavan. So I am all set. I don’t have to shoot in Pakistan at all. This would be my ultimate dream project and I can’t wait for it to take off,” she said.

It is heard that the filmmaker has already spoke to Naseeruddin Shah to play Muhammad Ali Jinnah and that he is ready for the role.

“This is my biggest challenge to date. I’ve been working on my partition film for some time now. The central character is Lord Mountbatten. The movie is set in January 1947 when Mountbatten was asked to oversee India and the movie ends in August 1947, so it’s a brief time span”.

“But (it is) a huge canvas requiring tonnes and tonnes of research and scores of characters. I’ve spoken to some people including Naseer and Saif. Nehru’s role is a cameo, so I wonder if Saif would be willing to do it,” she said on phone from London.

If news is to be believed, Hollywood biggies Colin Firth or Michael Fassbender will be roped in to play the film’s central figure Lord Mountbatten.

The film will go on floor this October.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post