Saif is A Perfect lover boy, says Deepika

After working in movies like “Love Aaj Kal” and “Aarakshan”, actress Deepika Padukone has once again teamed with Saif Ali Khan in “Cocktail”. She feels the 41-year-old is one actor who fits romantic roles perfectly even after so many years in the film industry.

“In spite of him (Saif Ali Khan) having worked so much, he is still someone who fits these young love stories and romantic characters,” Deepika, 26, told IANS.

“Cockatil”, directed by Homi Adajania, revolves around the lives of three friends – Veronica, Gautam and Meera, played by Deepika, Saif and newcomer Diana Penty, respectively.

Deepika, who will be seen as a confident and fun-loving girl in the film, says the character was challenging and she needed inner confidence to play it.

“I remember I was in Mauritius two years ago when I got the script. I felt that I was ready to play Veronica. I knew I needed inner confidence to be able to pull it off because the character could go wrong in many ways,” she said.

Explaining the background of her character, she said: “Veronica is feisty, but not a rebel. She has grown up in a broken family, so she has not got the conventional love of parents while growing up. So she likes to be surrounded by people probably to get her mind off other things.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post