Ayushmann Khurrana eyes singer role on screen

After displaying his vocal abilities with hit song "Paani da rang" in debut movie "Vicky Donor", actor Ayushmann Khurrana is keen to play a singer on-screen and sing for himself.
 

The 28-year-old, who played a sperm donor in his first film, told IANS: "I would love to play a singer in a film. Something like what Ranbir Kapoor played in 'Rockstar'. It would be amazing. If I get to sing in a movie for myself and get to exploit my talent, then why not?"

"I used to take Indian classical music training. I never took it seriously, though I regret it now," he added.

An actor-singer combo increases one's credibility as a performer, says the youngster.

"If you are lending your voice to your character, it shows your credibility as a performer. If you have a talent to sing, then you should sing for yourself," Ayushmann said.

A VJ-turned actor, he feels his acting skills are more powerful than anything.

"I always felt I was more of an actor than a VJ. I have done theatre from childhood. I have formed two theatre groups in Chandigarh and gave music to it. I have nurtured myself over the years and invested a lot of time and effort in the craft," he said.

Ayushmann has started working on Shoojit Sircar's "Hamara Bajaj", in which he plays a tourist guide, who aspires to become an actor.

In future, Ayushmann wants to do some power-packed roles and said: "I get inspired by certain roles like Shah Rukh Khan in 'Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa', Aamir Khan of 'Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar' and 'Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak' or may be Amitabh Bachchan of 'Shakti'."

He said he would prefer to pick "a script which is quite quirky".

"But having said that, I don't think you can predict if a film will be a hit or super hit," he added.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post