Will only do solo-hero films now, says Nawazuddin Siddiqui

“Talaash was my last multi-starrer. I have decided to only do solo-hero films from now on. No matter how good the supporting role is, I won’t do it. All my upcoming films have me playing the lead. This is a crucial time for me. I have to be careful about my career choices. I don’t want to get
swayed by success and sign everything that comes my way,” says Nawazuddin.

Other than Suparn Verma’s Aatma with Bipasha Basu, Ketan Mehta’s Mountain Man and Sanjay Sharma’s Black Currency, the actor has also signed on theatre director Barry John’s film called End of Bandit Queen.

“The last is about Sher Singh Rana, the man who killed Phoolan Devi. We will focus on his journey after the murder. We plan to shoot in various places, like New Delhi, Bangladesh, Oman and perhaps Afghanistan too,” says Nawazuddin.

Nawazuddin will also meet Rana, who is currently in Tihar jail, and try to understand his personality and psyche. He says, “I believe in method acting, though it is mocked a bit in Bollywood. I like to get under the skin of the character and understand the mindset of the person I am portraying on-screen.”

He plans to focus on Rana’s life when he was in his 20s. Nawazzudin says, “I am thrilled that Barry chose me. I had worked with him years ago, and he says he remembered me from then.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post