REVEALED : Why marriage was important for Saif Ali Khan

Long since Kareena Kapoor indirectly referred to a wedding as 'a piece of paper' and months after their wedding, Saif Ali Khan reveals what was it that made the wedding so imperative for the long-dating couple.

On being asked if it was important for him to sign the piece of paper and make the relationship official, Saif told Mumbai Mirror: "It was. Because ultimately we are social creatures. Money can help you live your life independent of social norms, but you still belong to a society. Being a bachelor is fine, but only till a certain age."

The Race 2 actor added, "Also, especially in India, there's a huge difference between introducing the woman you love as your girlfriend and introducing her as your wife."

Interestingly, a month before her wedding, when Kareena had been asked about her proposal, she'd revealed to Hello! magazine that Saif had never exactly uttered the three magical words. In the interview she'd said, "Actually, he never really said it… he isn’t that romantic." She later added, "He came and met my mother and told her, “She’s my woman, I want to spend the rest of my life with her. We want to live together…’ My mom was pretty cool about it. I just got my stuff together and that was it. No fuss.”

The ultimate sign of commitment came when Saif got her name tattooed prominently on his arm, says Kareena “It means far more to me than a piece of paper. What bigger commitment can a man make than that? I have never doubted Saif…”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post