Learnt from my mistakes: Sonam Kapoor

It is not often that an actor manages to stay in the news despite continuous failure at the box office. But Sonam Kapoor is an exception. The stylish diva who is lauded for her style sense says that she has learnt a lesson and would now select only those projects that satisfy her as a performer.

The 27-year-old actor says that she is in no hurry to reach the numero uno spot that most of her contemporaries vie for. She has seen a series of duds – Thank You, Mausam and Players. She says that these films helped her understand the kind of roles she would like to do.
“Two years ago, I did a couple of films and lost my way. I started off with an agenda of doing certain kind of films and got discouraged by the way industry is growing. I went to the wrong path and realised that I am not comfortable in that.”

“I am not in the rat race and don’t want to be the number one actress. I want to work only in those films which make me feel as an artiste. They might not be the biggest projects, actors and directors but if my character is good I will do them,” she added.

The fashionista will soon be seen back to back in three big releases- Raanjhnaa, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and the remake of Khoobsurat.
In Raanjhnaa, Sonam will be seen as a student of JNU. The character is a strong one and Sonam attended workshops and interacted with the students to prepare for her role.

Speaking about the workshop, the actor said, “I did workshop with a street play group for a month. Before I started shooting for the film, I visited the campus and had interacted with the students. Even my actress friend Swara Bhaskar and her mother helped me to prepare for my role. Swara is also a student in JNU and her mother is a professor.”

The Khoobsurat remake will portray Sonam as a free-spirited girl. The film which is being produced by her sister is set to be a modern interpretation of the 1980 movie. Says the Kapoor girl, “My sister is producing the film. It’s her second film after Aisha. It’s a female oriented film. The modern interpretation of the film. It has nothing to do with the earlier part. It’s just taking the spirit of Rekhaji’s character and using it in the new story.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post