Shilpa Shetty’s son Viaan makes debut on Hello magazine cover

Shilpa Shetty’s son Viaan makes his debut into showbiz with his first ever magazine cover for Hello!.

Now that Viaan Raj Kundra is about to turn a year old, mom Shilpa Shetty has introduced him to the glam world. The little one posed with mom on the cover of the May issue of Hello!. The cover almost looks like a testimony to Shilpa’s regained svelteness less than a year after Viaan’s birth.

In the magazine, Shilpa Shetty recalls how she almost became a subject of ridicule for some because she weighed 83kgs months after Viaan’s birth.

“Now imagine when you’ve had an image as a fitness icon -- pompous as it may sound -- and you walk around 83 kilos, the pressure to lose weight is tremendous. You know there have been film song lyrics like Shilpa sa figure Bebo si ada, etc. People were sneering behind my back, challenging me to ever go back to who I was. People can be very, very mean about such things… particularly if you want to head back into the limelight. Just look at the way they were hounding Ash! But c’mon, stars are human too!” Shilpa Shetty tells Hello!.

Shilpa also revealed that it was her mom who prodded her into losing weight.

“I was painfully aware that a pregnancy after 35 was going to be a very different experience from what my mum might have known. And strangely, it was my mum who started nagging me five months after Viaan was born. She said, ‘I got back into shape six months after having you!’ And I reminded her she was just 23 when she had me!” Shilpa laughed.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post