Ranbir Kapoor says not keen on reviving RK Films banner

Actor Ranbir Kapoor says he will charter his own course as far as producing a film is concerned and not under RK Films, established by his late grandfather and legendary actor Raj Kapoor.

"If I make a film then I would have my own production company", Ranbir told.

Amid buzz that he was keen on refurbishing the RK Films,Ranbir said he did not believe in revivals.

"I don't believe in revivals. The revival will happen when a film is made. My grandfather had made so many films, launched such a good established banner. But I am not of the view that I should make a film under that banner. If I have a point of view, if I have an idea to make a film then maybe I would like to do it", he said.

RK Films had churned out successful ventures like Awaara, Boot Polish, Jagte Raho, Shree 420, Mera Naam Joker, Bobby to name a few.

When Raj Kapoor died in 1988, his son Randhir Kapoor took over the studio. His younger brother Rajeev Kapoor directed Prem Granth in 1996. However, after the commercial failure of Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999) the Kapoors have not made any new film under the production house.

Ranbir added that he could give a thought to making a film in future under the famed banner only if everything falls in place.

"I think if we get a chance, if there is a director and if we want to make a film, then we would definitely do it.But as of now I am busy with acting... When the time is right and if things fall in place then we will do it", the actor said.

Ranbir said he was proud that he comes from the illustrious family of actors.

Ranbir dismissed reports that he has roped in director Sriram Raghavan of 'Agent Vinod' fame for making a film under the RK Films banner. "Sriram Raghavan is not making a film for RK Banner", he said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post