Deepika with Ranbir Kapoor for Imtiaz Ali's film?

Deepika Padukone could well be reuniting with Ranbir Kapoor for Imtiaz Ali's next. Though there have been other top names also being thrown around, indications are that the crackling success of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani could well tilt the balance in favour of this 'jodi'.

"Imtiaz does take time to move on from one film to another and this has worked in his favour for his new film. Since he hadn't finalised anyone so far, he now has a good choice available in the form of Deepika. The fact that he has worked with Deepika earlier in Love Aaj Kal only works further in everyone's favour," says a source.

Moreover, the pairing of Ranbir and Deepika is in further demand, considering the fact that their Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (190 crore) is now the third highest grosser ever after 3 Idiots (202 crore) and Ek Tha Tiger (190 crore).

"Not that Imtiaz is driven too much by numbers," the source adds, "He roped in a rank newcomer for Rockstar opposite Ranbir when he could have got roped in just about anyone. It is the script fitment for an actor that matters most for him."

Since Deepika has only proven her mettle as an actress with Cocktail last year (which was incidentally written by Imtiaz Ali), just about everything seems to be fitting in well for her.

When contacted, Deepika initially played it all down and said, "The only thing I know about me being a part of the film is based on all the articles that I am reading. I keep hearing that he is considering me for the film and has even made an offer to me. As of now though, there hasn't been any such thing."

On prodding further about her working equation with Imtiaz and the probability of her being seen in the Ranbir starrer, she said, "I have a great rapport with Imtiaz. I am sure that if he is considering me for the film then he will pick up the phone and call me. He gave me my first hit after Om Shanti Om in the form of Love Aaj Kal. We have a great working relationship and personal equation as well. I reach out to him if I need to take some advice. He is someone that I can talk to. He is one person who can understand my silence. I believe we have a big equation."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post