Kareena Kapoor's best 33 dialogues

On Kareena Kapoor Khan’s 33rd birthday, we bring you 33 of the most interesting, amazing and controversial things the actor has said over the years.

  1. Saif and I decided that we wanted to keep the purest part of our relationship sacred. We followed protocol by going out
on to the terrace and waving at the media after officially registering the marriage. (2013)

2. She said something about me and I retaliated...There was some misunderstanding which she wasn’t interested in clearing. That’s fine by me because she’s nowhere in competition with me. (On Preity Zinta, 2001)

3. We were in Ladakh to shoot Tashan. When I spotted him near the hotel pool, he was tanning on a lounge chair, clad in just jeans. I told my friend, “Oh my God… he’s so hot! (On her love story with Saif, 2012)

4. Trust me, Shahid and I have always spoken to each other whenever we meet socially. We have always been on cordial terms after our breakup. (2011)

5. I’ll most definitely marry Shahid. I’m not the kind to jump from one relationship to another. For me love is for keeps. (2006)

6. I’m not over-friendly with anyone, I don’t get into anyone’s personal space because I don’t want people to get into mine. I have a life outside of films. (2013)

7. That was long time back. I would love to host him someday and see him as our PM but definitely I do not want to date him. (on dating Rahul Gandhi, 2009 )

8. Sanjay Bhansali is a confused director. He is a person who does not stand by his word. He doesn’t have any morals and principles in life. (2002)

9. I do not mind being put behind the bars for killing any woman who dared have an eye on Shahid. (2004)

10. I might even decide not to have kids. I am just 32. And Saif already has two kids. We are not a typical Indian couple who get married just so they can have a child. (2013)

11. Yes, I’m arrogant, but only with what God has gifted me with — my talent and demeanour, which are raw materials for filmmakers to mould as they please. (2007)

12. We talk about progressive cinema, make tall claims. But when it comes to an actress getting married, we become regressive. We need to change our minds first before changing the genre of films that we plan to offer a married actress. (2012)

13. Mr Obama too should be discussing this wedding. I am sure he would know that Saif and Kareena are getting married. (2012)

14. I’m not at all a Salman fan. I don’t like him, he’s a very bad actor. I tell him that he hams all the time. Aamir’s good, I really liked him in Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke and QSQT, but out of the Khans, I’m a total Shah Rukh fan. (2000)

15. I don’t know where this term of size zero came from, people called it that way (size zero). I became thin for Tashan. And that is because of Rujuta (her dietician), I followed her instructions. (2013)

16. Saif is a very responsible man and he knows his responsibility. I have never given him a chance to be possessive. He is quite liberal in his thinking. Possessive is a very wrong word in a way. I could be more possessive than Saif. (2013)

17. Kaho Na Pyaar Hai was made for Hrithik. His dad spent five hours on every frame and close-up of his, whereas not even five seconds were spent on Amisha. She just doesn’t look beautiful, but every shot of his was a dream. (2000)

18. I don’t think I can wake up as Deepika (Padukone) as I can’t relate to her. (2012)

19. My film-makers know I’m in a league of my own. Madhuri Dixit gave her first hit after nine years. Sridevi never had a historical hit. And yet they were the top actors because they were immensely talented. The same goes for me too. (2002)

20. Saif is free to work with whoever he wants. Usually I don’t even know who his co-star is because we don’t discuss these things. I don’t have any problems with his co-stars. (2011)

21. My wedding has become a Rajya Sabha debate. (2012)

22. I am the 100 crore heroine. (2011)

23. Please keep me at number 100, as I don’t want to be part of this number game, but yes, I know I deserve what I’ve got, and I’ve really worked hard for it. I am proud to say that I was competing with myself to up those numbers. (2011)

24. I’m not besotted with married men nor will I have affairs with them. Married men will be detrimental to my career. Ask the producers, directors, distributors why all of them are hell-bent on signing Dugu and me together. Because we are a hot pair. (2001)

25. Heroine is bigger than Fashion (Taking a dig at Priyanka Chopra, 2012)

26. Marriage has nothing to do with the kind of roles or such things... I fail to understand why people associate love or marriage with your career. (2013)

27. Flops ka bhi apna mazza hai. I am what I am because of my flop films. (2012)

28. I don’t want the national award… I seriously don’t need any such thing. I would only want the audience to go and watch the film once and that will be more than enough for me.  (2012)

29. It is very unfair to compare us, we’re from two different generations. (On Aishwarya Rai, 2012)

30. Men are gutless, they cheat on their women. But it’s  more frustrating when they don’t own up to the woman they love. (2001)

31. If I found out that my man is unfaithful, there’d be no tears, no shor-sharaba, I’d just slaughter him. (2001)

32. Do I need this kind of publicity? Am I nuts? Grandpa (Raj Kapoor) believed even bad publicity is good publicity. But that was another era.. I think all the rumours will soon become boring. (on her break up with Shahid Kapoor being a publicity stunt for Jab We Met, (2007)

33. I begin the day by doing yoga and that has really helped. Thanks to Shahid (Kapoor) I have turned a vegetarian that has further enhanced my physique. (2007)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post