Pulkit Samrat: I want to be a family entertainer

Newcomer Pulkit Samrat says he prefers to star in family entertainers in order to cater to fans of all age groups.

The 29-year-old actor made his Bollywood debut last year with the film Bittoo Boss. He followed it up with Farhan Akhtar's fun, youth-based movie Fukrey this year, which proved to be a successful outing for him.

"I select movies keeping in mind that my family should be able to watch it. My movies should be such that kids, grandparents and parents are able to watch it together. They should laugh and just enjoy the film," Pulkit said.

The actor is ready for his third release O Teri, in which he is set to play a journalist. The film is produced by Atul Agnihotri and also stars actress Sarah Jane Dias.

When asked how it was playing a journalist on screen, Pulkit said, "When I came to Delhi to understand the functioning of the media offices as part of my research for the role, I thought journalists do commendable stuff. I cannot do something like that," he said.

The actor revealed he had a great time filming the movie, partly because he shares a strong bond with Agnihotri.

"For me he is more like a family. I have learnt so much from him. We had great fun on the sets. When we were shooting outdoor, me and Atul bhai were like boys on a bachelor party trip," he said.

Pulkit also said that Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who promoted his debut film Bitto Boss, suggested Agnihotri to read the script of O Teri.

"Salman is an integral part of the movie. The film started because of him. He liked the script and spoke to Atul about it. Atul also liked the script and decided to produce the film," he said.

Pulkit, who rose to fame as Lakshya Virani in Ekta Kapoor's mega serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi before venturing in Bollywood, feels the audience expects a lot from him now.

"The success is always sweeter but it comes with a responsibility. So now I am more selective in my choice of movies keeping in mind that the audience's desire to be amused," he said.

Besides O Teri, Pulkit will also be seen in Salman Khan's Mental, which is slated to hit screens next year.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post