Priyanka Chopra connects with legendary Mary Kom in her real life

Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra will be playing the character of the world boxing champion Mary Kom in her forthcoming biopic. The actress told that she shares a slice of Mary’s life in reality. Chopra was talking about her real life connection with Mary’s life during a conversation at the ThinkFest last evening.

Chopra said, "Her story is same as that of mine. I too struggled when I came in the industry and cried alone. It is basically the story of every girl, who has a dream.” Mary Kom’s biopic tells about the struggles and hardships of Mary who was born to an impoverished farmer in Manipur but still she managed to come up as a legendary boxer. The actress told, "What fascinates me about her is that I wanted to tell the story of real Mary.”

Chopra said, though Mary has been brought to fame as a boxer, she is still a simple girl underneath. The actress added, "She loves singing, watching movies and everything that a girl likes.” Mary, who was also present at the event, talked about the ill-treatment of North East girls across India including Delhi and she also said that the situation in Manipur is deteriorating with every passing day. The Arjuna awardee said, "I am scared to move around without security. My department (police) has given me security... Otherwise it is not only me but even my family won't be safe.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post