Dhoom: 3, starring Ranbir Kapoor. And Aamir, Abhishek. But mostly Ranbir

When Aamir Khan declared that the Dhoom: 3 marketing strategy was based on the 'less is more' principle, he could hardly have imagined that promotions of the film would become less about Dhoom: 3 and more about the reported Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif romance. The three heroes of Dhoom: 3 - Aamir, Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra - suddenly find their numbers expanded by one. The spirit of Ranbir Kapoor has loomed large at almost every interaction the cast of the film has had with the press.

At the launch of the title song of Dhoom: 3, actress Katrina Kaif was quizzed about being photographed with Ranbir while on holiday in Spain. She said: "Next time if something like that is going to happen, just give me a little bit of notice and I'll make sure I wear matching clothes that's all." She added: "I am single till I get married and I'm not married, there are no plans for marriage yet."

Matters were compounded by Ranbir's cousin Kareena who blithely stated that she would dance to Katrina's hit songs at Ranbir's wedding. When the entire cast of the film appeared together for the first time on December 11, once again it was Ranbir who took centre-stage without even being present.

What about Kareena's announcement of Katrina's wedding plans, the actress was asked. "I am not getting married, I am not engaged. I think that was said as a joke. Kareena and Ranbir are cousins. Everyone knows when you go on Koffee With Karan you are meant to pull the other person's leg," Katrina said.

But the questions kept coming. "Ranbir placed you ahead of Deepika and Priyanka in terms of acting. Do you think that statement was made in jest?" asked a reporter. "I think Ranbir just knows what's good for him. I think that was the reason for that statement," said Katrina.

And that wasn't it either. Asked to comment on Ranbir's statement in which he called her a special person and said he'd give his life for her, an embarrassed Katrina said "I will give my life for anyone who's in need. And who's a dear friend."

At which time Abhishek Bachchan promptly jumped in with, "The cast of Dhoom: 3 is in great need."

That's right. A great need to see the last of the shadow of Ranbir Kapoor.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post