Bigg Boss 8 winner Gautam Gulati: I'll Marry a Girl My Mother Chooses


Gautam won Bigg Boss Halla Bol with prize money of Rs 5 million

"I WON BECAUSE I WAS MYSELF ON THE SHOW," SAID GAUTAM

Bigg Boss Halla Bol winner Gautam Gulati shared close camaraderie with model and contestant Diandra Soares on the reality show, but he says that he will ultimately settle down with a girl chosen by his mother.

Excerpts from the interview:

Ques: How does it feel to stand with that trophy?

Gautam: Trust me, it's a great feeling. I wanted to see my mother before anyone else after I won the trophy. It's her values that have brought me where I am. I'm not a stranger to popularity. So, I know I need to handle this new level of success in my life in a capable way, or it will slip out of my hands. I want to do good work and not just become another Bigg Boss winner.

Ques: Your popularity soared higher while you were in Bigg Boss

Gautam: It's a great feeling. My colleagues inside the Bigg Boss house didn't understand my feelings. But all of India did and appreciated me. They've made me a star.

Ques: How do you plan to take this forward?

Gautam: By doing good work, of course. I am going to sign good projects to entertain my fans. You'll soon hear some announcements.

Ques: How would you describe your experience in Bigg Boss?

Gautam: I went in the show as an entertainer. But the most unexpected things happened to me inside the Bigg Boss house. But no issues. At the end of the day, I was victorious. I remained cool and calm even when I was provoked. There was no double speak or hypocrisy in my attitude.

Ques: You were very quiet, sober and sensible inside the Bigg Boss house

Gautam: I didn't go with the purpose of providing content for the TRPs. Other contestants did very strange things on the show. I won because I was myself on the show. When the others squabbled, I stayed calm. I wanted no trouble.

Ques: Were there many attempts to provoke you?

Guatam: Oh yes, a lot! I used to make Herculean efforts to control my temper. And I succeeded in getting rid of my temper each time. Every time I felt like losing my temper, I turned it into an occasion of fun and frolic. I went out of my way to defuse tension in the house. Had I lost my cool when provoked, then there would have been no difference between them and me. When one party is upset, the other has to be calm.

Ques: You were 'Mr Clean' inside the Bigg Boss house and yet you were quite a Casanova with Diandra Soares and Karishma Tanna. Explain this contradiction?

Gautam: There is no confusion within me about my priorities. I am going to marry the girl that my mother chooses for me. As for what happened inside with Diandra, it was a momentary impulse. If a girl kisses me, what do I do? I can't reject it. It would be rude. So I kissed her back. I realised there is an Emraan Hashmi in me. And that part of me got provoked. But that part of me is done with. I don't want to carry forward that image at all.

Ques: Is the image of 'Mr Clean' very important to you?

Gautam; It's not about a clean image. It's about being true to myself. Whatever I've done in my life, I've done openly and unapologetically. But when I know there are no genuine feelings from my side, it's better to stop the relationship from going in that direction. Better to remain friends rather than create false hopes of a relationship.

Ques: With a 'Do Not Trespass' sign around your heart, how will you handle the female fans?

Gautam: I am certainly not going to hurt my fans. I'll find a way of keeping them happy without being untrue to myself. Other stars take care of their fans. So can I.

Ques: What are your plans now?

Gautam: I've done an international film called Darpok, which had taken me to the red carpet of the Cannes International Film Festival. I want to do both Bollywood and international films. Trust me, my entry in Bollywood would be as solid as my entry in Bigg Boss. I never thought I'd be presented so well in Bigg Boss. It's all due to my body language. Now, it's up to the filmmakers to capture the same body language.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post