Shahid told me about his marriage before the media; very happy for him: Kareena Kapoor Khan


The dedicated Bollywood buffs among us will remember the bygone era when Kareena Kapoor didn't have a Khan attached to her surname and Shahid Kapoor was her boyfriend. This coming together of two very different Kapoor pedigrees was going to be the quintessential happily-ever-after and the success of Jab We Met only made fans' hearts grow fonder.

That, however, was not to be. After their break up, the two actors maintained a diplomatic silence that would occasionally turn awkward at public appearances. Gossips tittered, cameras flashed, and speculations were rife about why they'd called it quits. Some of the public disappointment came from the fact that the two made for a fantastic on-screen couple, as Jab We Met proves, and the end of their relationship met one less crackling romantic pair for Bollywood.

Years later, the dust has settled and Kareena Kapoor-Khan is now happily married while Shahid Kapoor is gearing up for his wedding in July this year. While this former couple aren't quite as cool and professional as Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor (who have put their past relationship behind them and proved to be one of the more exciting romantic pairings in Bollywood), Kareena and Shahid have made their peace.


Recently, Kareena admitted that Shahid had told her about his wedding to Delhi's Mira Rajput much before it reached the media.

"I met him at YRF (Yash Raj Films) a few months ago and he told me he was getting married and I congratulated him," she told DNA, in an interview. "I wish him all the best. It’s a great decision."
When asked if she has any piece of advice for Shahid,

Kareena, who has been married to actor Saif Ali Khan for three years now, told PTI, "I am nobody to advise anyone."

Upon being asking if she would attend Shahid's wedding, if invited, she said, "Yes, I would."
Kareena also told online Bollywood portal missmalini.com that because she is herself married, she can vouch for the institution.

"Both of us were performing at a Femina event. We chatted. So he actually told me about him getting married before he told the media. I’m very happy for him. He’s doing very well professionally. And I can vouch for marriage being cool. I’d just like to wish him well," she said.

The former couple will be next seen in Udta Punjab, though they will not be seen romancing each other. The film also featuring Alia Bhatt and Punjabi star Diljit Dosankh. It revolves around the issue substance abuse in Punjab.

"For us to come together in a film the script has to be good. There has never been a script. The script of 'Udta Punjab' required us. But we are not opposite each other, it is a three track film. My character is not romantically involved with him... We are part of the same drug drama," she said.

"I am playing a doctor in the film. It is an amazing film... I loved the film. When Abhishek (Chaubey) was narrating me the film I found it brilliant. I wanted to be part of this film. I am sure people will talk about the film once it is released," she added.

Kareena is happy with Shahid's recent success post his highly-acclaimed Vishal Bhardwaj-directed Haider. "I am happy for him. He is doing wonderful work. He is a good actor. I would love to work with him."

Now, isn't that just sweet?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post