Abhishek talks about what kind of father he will make…



Come December 2011, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan are expecting their first child. The to-be-dad is super excited about being a father. He talks about what kind of father he will make, in an interview with a popular tabloid.

With the new baby on the way, you won’t be the baby of the house…
(laughs) Yes, I never thought of that. No, I won’t be but it’s wonderful. It’s very hard to describe how I’m feeling…. I mean it’s nice, everybody is smiling, everybody is just very happy at home. The house is filled with flowers and people are calling and congratulating. It just feels wonderful. It still literally hasn’t sunk in that there’s going to be a child… you know, an offspring, I haven’t gone into that father zone yet.

Can you picture yourself as a dad? Or is that daunting?
I love to spend time with my nephew and niece. I love kids. I think I am pretty good with them. I think when you know you are going to have a child, there’s a lot more stuff to think about like how to bring up the child, what principles and morals you will teach him or her… You start thinking of all that kind of stuff… I still haven’t started that. But I think I will, as and when as the time approaches. Right now, I am just enjoying the moment but I think pretty soon like every man, I will have to sit down and say, ‘ok this is going to be your child, you have to take care, provide….’

Now you will get lots of tips from everyone around you…
Yes they’ve already started. But thankfully, I have a bit of experience with children because of my nephew and niece so, but tips are always welcome.

Are you going to reading books on preparing and taking care of the child?
Yeah, I’d love to do that. I’ve already started looking for them. Although there are so many ‘experts’ around. My parents, Aishwarya’s parents, my sister and brother-in-law and my friends, most of who are all parents. But even so, when you hear your wife is going to have a baby, you just go into a different level of panic. You feel like you need to know more. Just hearing other people say things isn’t always just enough. So yes, I am going to do all of that….. I am looking forward to it. I think it’s a fun period.

Are you going to be a hyper father in the delivery room, like you did in some film..
Yes, Salaam Namaste. But, no I’ll be pretty normal. That way, I am pretty chilled out.

Better husband or better father, what do you think?
I’ll have to be both. I’ll try and be good at both. But I am not worried…I think I’ll be a good dad. Because I love kids and they generally take to me. I am feeling bad for Aishwarya because I think am going to be more than a handful to handle. She is going to have to spend more time taking care of me than taking care of the baby.

Why do you say that?
I don’t know I am just…. You know it’s weird, when you finally share something with the world, it suddenly hits you that, ‘Okay, this is happening now.’ Since we’ve made it official, I’ve been only bouncing off the walls.

Your father shared the news on Twitter. Why didn’t this (news) come from you?
There’s a very good reason for that. I wanted my father to announce it because he’s the head of the family and I remember him telling me that when my mother was going to have my sister Shweta, he told his father. And dadaji, with great pride, as the head of the family wrote letters saying ‘the next generation of my family is coming.’ I wanted to give my father that and he was very excited to do it. He’s the one who called the rest of the family and announced it. I wanted that moment to be his as well.

There have been congratulatory calls and a lot of positivity but there’s also been some negativity, how do you deal with that?
There hasn’t actually… I haven’t faced much of it. But that’s life. Right now, it’s just such a happy time for the entire family, that I am not even going to bother with it. At a time like this, if there are people who are only going to think negative thoughts, then they don’t deserve any attention

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post