SRK Brakes His Rule Of No Kissing On Screen

Despite being the King of romance on screen with hits like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, where King Khan Shahrukh romanced some of the ethereal beauties of all time, he always followed his no kissing on screen norm.

However, the superstar recently broke it for Yash Chopra’s last directorial Jab Tak Hai Jaan co-starring Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif. Stating what led to this breaking of self-imposed rule, SRK said, “I had a couple of rules actually – that I won`t ride a horse and I won`t kiss. Both are cumbersome. I don`t know how to do both on screen.

I will be very honest. Adi (Aditya Chopra), Yash ji and Katrina, and I say this with all humility and thankfulness to them that they knew I was awkward, I had issues and I am a very easy actor to work with. They are like my family and they said, `You don`t have to do this` and then they got together and they forced me and then even paid me for it.”

So… when heroines say that `I wore a bikini because the story demanded me to`, I did it (the kiss) because the story demanded it. Believe me or don`t believe it”. He even feels that doing something as intimate as a kiss on screen, is mechanical. He said, “It is very mechanical with 100 people telling you what to do. It`s very odd. I don`t even do photoshoots with heroines if it is not for my film and that is also rude, but I don`t want to waste anyone`s time. I find it very awkward taking my shirt off and posing. I can do it in character for film”.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post