Ranbir Kapoor wants world class football stadium in Mumbai


As an avid football fan, actor Ranbir Kapoor feels that his home city Mumbai should have a world class stadium for the game.

The 30-year-old actor is the vice-captain of the All Star Football Club, which is led by actor Abhishek Bachchan. The team will play their first game on March 30 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi, against the All Hearts Football Club comprising of the Indian Cricket Team, led by captain Virat Kohli.

"I love football. I have been playing the game since school. I carry a football with me, all the time and play with my crew. I feel that infrastructure in Delhi is much better than Mumbai. There isn't any good football stadium there. I would like the authorities to take it up and give the city a world class football stadium," said Ranbir, who is in the capital to promote the charity match to be held this weekend.

Dressed casually in a navy blue polo t-shirt and grey track pants, the Barfi! star braved the capital's heat and enjoyed a fun practice session with the kids of the Magic Bus Charity Foundation.

When asked about his team's preparation for the upcoming match against the cricketing stars, Ranbir said, "I am aware that our opposition is very strong. The captain Virat Kohli is very fit and fast. It is a challenge to play with the Indian cricket team, where every player is so fit.

"But we are also very well prepared. We have taken tips from Baichung Bhutia. We have had three months of practice. Our team is very good- Marc Robinson, Dino Morea, Arjun Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Aditya Roy Kapoor- are all excited to take on our opposition," he added.

The actor also discussed future plans of the All Star Football Club and said, "We plan to play in Kolkata, which is the hub of football in our country. We are also planning to get an EPL team to play with us," he said.

1 Comments

  1. What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid other customers like its aided me. Good job.

    My site ... masnoticias.com.es

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post