Viaan will attend RR's first IPL match in Jaipur: Shilpa Shetty

Shilpa Shetty Kundra was a proud team owner on Saturday, as Rajasthan Royals won their first IPL match against Delhi Daredevils in the capital. We caught up with an ecstatic Shilpa after the match, where she told us that Viaan would soon be attending his first IPL match.

Why was Viaan not there for the Delhi match?
We have decided to bring him for our first match in Jaipur - our home ground. Maybe we are superstitious, but it was planned that way. Viaan has been to Jaipur before but this will be his first outing for a match.

You've designed a jersey for him?
Yes, it is really cute. It's more like a team gear but smaller and with his name embossed at the back. In keeping with his fixation for bright colours, I have made it vibrant.

Shane Watson, a player from your teams, has also been blessed with a baby boy recently. Did you get a chance to congratulate him?
Yes. We all share a great bond with Shane. Bahut se players aaye aur gaye but he has been there since a long time. Also, he and Raj used to talk a lot when I was pregnant last year. I am very happy for him and his wife Lee Furlong.

Why does the underdogs tag attached to your team refuse to go away?
I really don't understand why. With a great lineup of players and the experienced Rahul Dravid as captain, I don't feel we are the underdogs. Let people say what they want to, our performance will give an answer to all.

There is this debate that an IPL overdose is killing the game.
Come on! Please don't say that. How can these people substantiate their argument? The stadiums are full, TRPs are going higher, new sponsors are coming on board... what more proof do you want? It's really sad when some people try to run IPL down. Agreed, there have been controversies, but due to this we can't say that its charm has diminished.

Your take on the Sri Lankan players being barred from playing in Chennai?
It's sad. But it's the BCCI's decision. As a citizen, I feel that they should have been allowed.

You look great. Tell us about the transition.
Work and workout (laughs). I was almost of a baby elephant's size. I weighed 80 kg, which was way too much to handle. I realised ki aise toh nahi chalega while doing Nach Baliye. After Viaan grew up a bit, I started exercising at night along with maintaining a strict diet. I've lost more than 20 kg now. Lots of people tell me that it's an achievement. Losing weight after having a baby is not easy, and only I know how I got rid of it.

So, is there a film in the offing too?
Tell me, where is the time? I am busy with IPL for at least the next two months. Then there's Super Fight League. Also, I am busy with Dishkiyaaoon, which is from my production house. But I miss acting and once I have even a little time I will act in a film. For a movie, you need to give a lot of your time. And since Viaan needs proper attention, I am not jumping into anything right now. I get to spend a lot of time with him and each day is a great experience. However, I am a judge in a reality show on TV, so it's not like I am completely out of the glam world.

1 Comments

  1. It's amazing designed for me to have a site, which is valuable in favor of my experience. thanks admin

    My website; Notariusz Częstochowa

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post