Shocked at the super success of YJHD: Director Ayan Mukherji

Director Ayan Mukherji is on cloud nine as his Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone starrer Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani is breaking records.

Film's weekend collections have already crossed the Rs 60 crore mark and Monday holding on well too. With such humungous collections threatening to leave behind the records created by some of the recent Salman Khan biggies, Ayan is trying hard to be composed.

 Ranbir Kapoor's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani beats Dabangg 2, enters 100 cr club


Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani has also emerged Ranbir and Deepika's biggest opener in overseas market, overtaking Ranbir Kapoor's Barfi!!

In New Zealand the film Collected NZ$ 80,648 [Rs 36.33 lacs] on 10 screens in opening weekend. In USA & Canada, it collected $ 1,651,000 [Rs 9.33 crores] on 162 screens in opening weekend.


"Overwhelmed would be too small a word for what I am feeling currently," says Ayan, who spent close to 15 months in making the film.

"It was all worth it after all. The collections which are coming in are beyond expectations. Yes, we expected a very good start for the film but this? This is unbelievable. I am shocked even though this is my own film," he added.

Ayan firmly said that he is getting what he truly deserves.

"Though people tell me that they loved Wake Up Sid and those within and outside the industry too feel that from trade perspective it was a good success, I always carried this grudge in my heart that it didn't do as much as I had expected. Back then, I really wanted Wake Up Sid to do much better in theatres. It continues to do well on satellite but on its release, I was disheartened even though others told me that it was doing just fine. Guess the humungous collections for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani are compensating for Wake Up Sid. I am feeling truly content and justified now. It is a redemption of sorts."

He isn't popping the champagne though yet. "Let the entire week hold on well too. I will celebrate post that," smiles Ayan before signing off.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post