Aamir Khan says he found the show verbally violent


Though a lot of celebrities in Bollywood have spoken in support of AIB Knockout in which actors Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor were publicly roasted, Aamir Khan has a different opinion about the show.

Aamir Khan hasn’t watched the full show, but only seen a few clips of it. Not only did he find the show unfunny, Aamir says he was disappointed and deeply affected by the use of abusive language.

“First off, I want to clarify that I haven't watched the show, I have only seen a couple of clips of the roast till now. I heard more about what the show was when Karan (Johar) and Arjun (Kapoor) told me about what transpired there along with a few dialogues. On hearing what they had to share, I must say that I was deeply affected and disappointed with it,” Aamir Khan told reporters at a press meet.

The P.K. star added that he felt that AIB Knockout was a violent event.

“When I heard what was said, I felt that it was a very violent event, as violence is not just physical but also verbal and emotional. So when you insult someone and show it to the world, it is like showing everyone see how violent I can be, this is something that I don't like. But I am sure that there are a lot of young people who have liked the show and I believe that all of us have different opinions and we are allowed to have it. As for my views, I felt that the show was violent,” Aamir said.

AIB releases statement to douse raging controversy

The actor did not hide his disapproval from both Karan Johar and Arjun Kapoor.

“Both Karan and Arjun being my friends, I told them that I didn't like it. Besides trying to impress people by using abusive language is pointless. I am no longer 14 year old who will hear abusive language and laugh. If you really want me to laugh then do so without hurting anyone. That is what I will enjoy,” Aamir said.

The superstar also added that along with freedom of speech comes a responsibility as well.

“I am completely for freedom of speech, I have no issues with that. But we have to understand that we all have a certain responsibility,” Aamir pointed.

The AIB Knockout has faced both opposition and support from film fraternity. While the likes of Sonakshi Sinha, Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor and Aditi Rao Hydari have supported it, we hear Salman Khan isn’t happy with the show for some tasteless comment about his sister.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post