SRK on AIB Roast: If you don't like something, don't watch it!


The AIB Roast controversy involving Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Karan Johar doesn’t seem to die down. After invoking a series of debates, the roast is back in the talks, what with Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan expressing his opinion on the stand up show.

According to a leading website, SRK said to that he would not like to take any sides on the issue as he feels that humour is a tricky business which evokes different reactions from different people.

"I am someone who has always believed in sense of humour. Over the years my sense of humour is rounded off if not completely over. I have learnt to curtail it because there is always going to be a thin line when it comes to humour. It is always going to invoke radical reaction, either you are going to laugh at it or hate it," admitted Khan.

He added further, “When you are a popular actor like I am, people listen to you... So, you need to relook at it and I am only speaking about myself here. There will always be issues and questions. I can't take any sides."

However Shah Rukh was quick to clarify that people very well know what should be watched and what not.

"There is always freedom of expression and there is a choice you have to make. I always say that if you don't like something don't watch it. Nobody is shoving it down your throat but if you don't like something and you have watched it then live with it. There are a lot of movies that I have watched and don't like but I don't have the right to go and blame the person who made them," stated SRK, adding further, “The beauty of today's media is that the power of choice is in your hand, you can decide to watch or not watch something. But having said that, I think I have become very aware of the fact that I need to follow some control aspect... But I will not be able to comment on what others do, how they do or why they do."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post