I have preserved Dilip saab’s letter: Big B


Amitabh Bachchan is known to send handwritten letters to actors whose performances he admires. Most youngsters cherish it more than their award trophies.

The last actor who received a letter penned by Big B was Ranveer Singh for his performance in Bajirao Mastani. Priyanka Chopra, too, has received many such notes from Bachchan Sr. She smiles, “We have all got compliments from Mr Bachchan. When he likes my performance, he sends me a letter and my mother collects them. It has become a tradition. Amitji ki chhitthi aayi hai, yeh achchi picture hogi.”

But is there someone whose letters Bachchan Sr treasures? Pat comes the cheeky reply. “Not many have written to me, so obviously, they have not liked my work.” He adds, “I have always been a great admirer of Dilip (Kumar) saab and he wrote a letter to me after he saw Black. That has been preserved by me.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post