Romancing at 42 feels amazing: R Madhavan

R Madhavan, who is paired opposite bombshell Bipasha Basu in ‘Jodi Breakers’, says he feels lucky to play a romantic hero at the age of 42.





The ‘3 idiots’ star, who will be seen in a very stylish avatar in the film, insists that the movie is not an attempt for an image makeover.

"All my films have seen me as a nice guy but in this film I am a little naughty...But it is not an attempt for an image makeover. It`s just that I always like to do something different and I think I have been very lucky to have done that without having to change my looks. I am doing romantic films at 42, a solo lead which I think is great," Madhavan told reporters.

The actor plays a role of a guy whose profession is to separate couples in "Jodi Breakers" which will hit the cinemas on February 24.

Madhavan, who started his Bollywood career with ‘Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein’ in 2001, has given hits like ‘Rang De Basanti’, ‘Guru’, ‘Mumbai Meri Jaan’ and ‘Tanu Weds Manu’.

The actor, however, says he still can`t believe he has achieved so much without having a strong filmy background.

"Sarita (wife) and I still stand in our balcony, look at each other and laugh because we can`t believe it. It`s a dream journey. I had the dream debut, I had the good fortune of working with the most amazing icons of our industry.

"I think if I look at the slate of my films then this is exactly how it was meant to be for me. For somebody who had no background, I have seen the bottom of the barrel and have risen," he said.

Despite being in the industry for more than a decade and having an equally well off career down South, Madhavan insists that he is still criticised by people for his acting abilities.

"I am still proving to people that I can act. I am not the typical Hindi film hero with six pack abs but the public has endorsed me and I think as long as I am loyal to them nobody can say that I cannot act or my career is finished. The industry dwells on predictions and trends," Madhavan said.
Ask him what he likes to do apart from films, the actor said, "I love sports and travelling. I recently won a golf tournament in Dubai and I love spending time with my son... I have tried to devote time with my son. I haven`t been doing a lot of films so I am not that busy.. People are actually accusing me of being a lazy actor because I do one film a year."

Madhavan was last seen in 2011 release ‘Tanu Weds Manu’.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post