I want to make a simple love story with music: Madhur Bhandarkar

 Keen to foray into the romantic genre, National Award-winning director Madhur Bhandarkar Thursday revealed that he is thinking about making a "realistic and romantic" musical.

"Definitely there is a musical, which is under consideration... it will be romantic and realistic. There is no confirmation yet... it is in the pipeline," Bhandarkar told reporters on the sidelines of an interactive session on 'Women In Cinema' organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry's (FICCI) Ladies Organisation.

Bhandarkar, who drew plaudits for his films like 'Chandni Bar', 'Satta', 'Page 3' and 'Fashion', said it would be a personal challenge to make a love story.

"I want to make a simple love story with music. It is a genre I haven't ventured into. I thought it would be challenging for me to make a romantic movie. In fact, I am also a romantic person," said Bhandarkar.

Having made 'Heroin - Zindagi Ke Panno Se' for the TV series 'Specials@10', the ace lensman is open to the idea of directing for the small screen.

"If I have a good subject with a concept, then definitely I would love to be a creative director on TV. Now, I will start two movies, so I will be busy with my script. But if something excites me, then definitely I will make it," said Bhandarkar.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post