Kuch Kuch Hota Hai girl Sana Saeed says child artistes go through performance pressure

Sana Saeed, who shot to fame in her younger days with her role of Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Anjali in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, believes it is difficult for child artistes to make a mark in Bollywood when they grow up.

"Certain things are always expected of a child artiste and people tend to compare them with their earlier films. Child artistes have to go through a lot of performance pressure when they grow up," Sana told PTI.

Sana was recently seen playing a supporting role in Karan Johar's Student of the Year. The actress comes from the league of actors like Sridevi, Aamir Khan, Urmila Matondkar, Kunal Khemu, Imran Khan among others who joined the industry at a tender age.

After starting her career with films, Sana made her comeback with TV soap Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na after eight years.

"I was busy in completing my high school. My father is strict towards studies. After starring in Badal, I completely stopped doing films. When I was in college, I got this offer for Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na and I did it because we get a lot of spare time. After that Lo Ho Gayi Pooja Iss Ghar Ki also happened," she said.

Sana, 24, will be seen as a wild card entry in dance-based reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa on Colors. She is a dance fanatic and thinks that the show will open doors for her in showbiz.

"I really like to dance and I am a passionate dancer. I am not a trained dancer but I have a basic knowledge of it. I am happy that I will be able to learn many new dance forms in the show," she said.

The show is being judged by Karan Johar, choreographer Remo D'Souza and Madhuri Dixit.

Asked if Karan would be partial towards her, she said, "I don't think he will be biased towards me. Rather, he will closely scrutinize my act. He knows my strengths and weaknesses. He will expect perfection from me."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post