Katrina Kaif on the Phantom ban in Pakistan: I can understand the sentiment so I can understand the reasons for it!


Katrina Kaif is not worried about Hafiz Saeed seeking a ban on her upcoming film in Pakistan.We met up with the luminous beauty recently for an EXCLUSIVE chat and in a lighter vein she told us, “There are so many films that I’ve been part of that I keep hearing are banned in Pakistan.”

But on a more serious note Katrina thinks that the Phantom ban didn’t take her by surprise. She says, “My personal opinion is I understand the sentiment so I can understand the reasons for it. But the film is not anti-Pakistan in any way. If there is one wrong person in the country it does not make the country wrong and that’s actually the message of the film.

These wrong people can exist anywhere, doesn’t make America a terrorist country. It’s the person who is wrong or the act is wrong and not the country. But having said that I can understand that maybe there are reasons why a people don’t want a film to be shown.”

The actress plays the role of a Parsi girl who is trained in combat and works with the NGO Medicine Sans Frontiers in the conflicted zones. This has to be one of the grittiest roles Katrina has ever played before!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post