Anurag Kashyap to marry Kalki on April 30



Gear up for another Bollywood wedding! Actor Kalki Koechlin is all set to tie the knot with her filmmaker-fiancé Anurag Kashyap. “Yes, we are planning to get married, but we haven’t fixed a date yet. We’re too caught up with work right now. But whenever the wedding happens, it’ll be a simple and private affair,” says Kalki, who got engaged to Anurag in a quiet ceremony recently.

Meanwhile, Kalki has grown close and fond of her to-be in-laws, whom she met in Benares during the shoot of Anurag’s forthcoming directorial, Gangs Of Wasseypur. “His parents love me a lot and they fed me some great food. I think they adore me because I eat a lot,” she laughs, before adding, “They’re the nicest people I’ve met.”

Though a date for the marriage is yet to be set, rumours suggest that the couple is looking to seal the deal by the end of this year or early next. Either way, Kalki is looking forward to the D-day.

“Since Dev D (2009), Anurag and I have understood each other very well. And quite naturally, marriage is the next step for us,” says the actor, who has been in a live-in relationship with Anurag for three years. “Though we’re both always busy, we seem to have struck a good balance in our lives.”

Kalki had made her debut in Anurag’s interpretation of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s Bengali novel Devdas. Since then, the two artistes have worked together in the yet-to-be-released That Girl In Yellow Boots and the forthcoming, Shaitan, for which Anurag dons the producer’s hat.

“For That Girl In Yellow Boots, he gave me a lot of freedom to portray my character, Ruth. He gives you a lot of space as a creative person, but at the same time, I know when I have to listen to him and not argue,” smiles Kalki, adding that she could shoot the intimate scenes required of her in That Girl In Yellow Boots because of their indelible trust.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post