'Andaz Apna Apna' without Aamir and Salman?



Actor Aamir Khan, who will be seen in the third part of the superhit Dhoom series says sequels should have different and interesting stories to be carried forward and feels there surely can be a second installment of two of his successful films Sarfarosh and Andaz Apna Apna.

"I don't have any objections to sequels. I think if I have liked the casting, the story or film or characters then I would like to know what happens to them later. If there is a possibility of equally nice story...that is different and unusual from the first one but using the same characters (then why not)," Aamir told PTI.

"The ones that I feel have the potential to be made into sequels are Sarfarosh and Andaz Apna Apna . These are the one who have potential but none of them are being worked on," he said.

Directed and written by John Matthew Matthan, Sarfarosh (1999) dealt with an Indian police officer's fight to stop cross-border terrorism. The action film starred Aamir Khan as ACP Ajay Singh Rathod, Sonali Bendre as his love and Naseeruddin Shah in a negative role. The film did moderately well in the box office and was declared as an above average grosser.

"In case of a sequel to 'Sarfarosh'...you see one can show how the character of ACP Rathod gets a new case to solve. So even I will like to do it. Though John has not written it but conceptually I don't mind. But next part should be different, new and something interesting. It should not be like we have just altered the script and made a film. I won't do that," Aamir said.

"I would be happy to do Sarfarosh 2 provided there is a good script. It should be as good as the first one. I don't want to destroy the goodwill of the first one by making a bad part of it," the 46-year-old actor said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post