Sonam Kapoor and Jacqueline Fernandez reveal their beauty and fashion secrets!


If you’ve ever gone “How do they do it!” looking at Sonam and Jacky’s flawless beauty

Both have made waves in the fashion world with their sharp dressing style and fashion statements. Both are elegant, beautiful and poised. And lastly, both of them are besties. Sonam Kapoor and Jacqueline Fernandez are two of the leading names in Bollywood’s beauty circuit today. Why? While Sonam’s continuing her dream run as the brand ambassador for a range of L’Oreal products (it’s been seven years already), Jacqueline Fernandez became the face of Body Shop products only last year. And their brand journeys have been exciting ones.

There’s pressure to look good all the time


SK: I don’t think that’s completely true. I believe it’s not mandatory to look good, but a choice. I have always loved playing dress-up ever since I was a kid. I always wanted to look good and I at least tried even when I had nothing. Today, I have access to the best designers in the world. I can’t go wrong there.

JF: I think it’s important to look good off screen. And it goes for anyone because it feels great to feel good about yourself. That does take a little time and effort. I know how important it is to maintain myself on screen. But at the same time, I know that it’s important to do it off screen as well.

Hasn’t it become a necessity?

SK: That’s a choice every person makes for themselves. It’s an individual opinion. If you ask me, I would say I’m happy because the fashion police mostly says nice things about me!

JF: It’s like being able to not bring your work into your personal life. If it’s you, it’s great. But if it isn’t, you shouldn’t be thinking that I have to dress and look a certain way. Dress like yourself.

Interpreting style

SK: I think style is a personal expression of who you are. Maybe you are somebody who likes to be comfortable or someone who likes to be experimental. Some people like Indian and some people like organic stuff. It’s an expression of who you are.

JF: I feel it’s important to dress and style appropriately according to the climate of the place you are at, your mood or for the occasion. It’s more important to feel comfortable rather than do things just because that’s the trend and others are attempting it.

Beauty product I can’t live without…

SK: L’Oreal Paris Elnett. My grandmom, my mom and I use it.

JF: My lip balm.

My vanity case has…

SK: A lot of make-up and a lot of hair products. According to my make-up artist Namrata Soni, I can open a store.

JF: My daily routine has cleansing, toning and moisturizing. I have lip balms, mascara and blush.

Make-up essentials

SK: Tinted moisturiser, a lipstick and a mascara. And a bit

of blush.

JF :Blusher, tinted lip balms, mascara and eyelash curlers. Not much!

Secrets of great hair

SK: Genetics, number one. Secondly, the correct shampoo and conditioner to complement my genetics!

JF: On the days I’m working, I try to look after it as much as possible. On days that I’m off from shoots, I put some oil in my hair.

Hair spas or head massages?

SK: Actually, I go do this amazing hair spa at the salon. I go whenever I am free. I should be doing it once in 15 days but I don’t.

JF: I use a lot of beauty products like some really cool oils, especially coconut hair oil. It really helps me maintain my hair.

Afraid of ageing?

SK: Absolutely not. I think I have earned every line on my face. Unfortunately for me, I don’t look my age so nobody believes it. Is it a good thing? Because people keep telling me, ‘Oh you are like 22’. And I’m like ‘No’.

JF: Not at all. I am rather very excited about it (Laughs). It’s a fantastic process. You should be able to embrace it, have fun with it, see the best in it, see only the positives. At the end of the day, you can’t change it.

Best hair in the industry

SK: I think I do. I am not trying to be immodest about it but I do feel that I have the best hair.

JF: I think Sonam has the best hair in the industry. I really love her hair!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post