The love and prayers I receive from people is my Bharat Ratna Say's Sonu Sood

The Bollywood actor who has been receiving praise for his humanitarian efforts opens up on why the goodwill of migrant workers means a lot to him, his political ambitions and how he misses the camera

Though people have been creating a lot of noise on Twitter and suggesting that Sonu Sood should deservedly be awarded a Bharat Ratna (India's highest civilian award), for his philanthropic efforts during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Bollywood actor is humble enough to admit that it's the goodwill of people that matters the most to him.

"Yes I've seen this news trending on Twitter, but I'm not sure if I truly deserve it. However, one thing for sure, I have been receiving a lot of blessings from migrant workers who I have helped reunite with their families. That according to me is my biggest reward. The love, prayers and good wishes that I receive from them is my Bharat Ratna."

The #BharatRatnaforSonu trend took off on Twitter when the actor was in the news for organising transport for thousands of migrants stuck in different parts of India.

Hailed as a Superhero for his humanitarian efforts, Sood, however, admits that he misses the buzz of the movie sets, he further added that he's hopeful of the current situation improving.

"I am not sure how long it will take for things to get back to normal. The lockdown in Mumbai has been extended, but film shootings have resumed, though on a very small scale with limited crew members. All of us have all been missing the camera, action on the sets, filming at various locations and having people around us, and we are hopeful the situation will change soon and things will be back to normal soon. It will be a new lease of life for all of us once the lockdown ends."

When asked what was the biggest takeaway for him from the pandemic, the Simmba actor got a little philosophical as he emphasised on the importance of giving back to society.

"The pandemic has surely made several people reevaluate their lives. The biggest change that has perhaps come in people, including me, is that now we think of giving back more to society, about coming forward and helping the needy and generally making a difference in people's lives. This surely has been the main takeaway from this whole experience. It has taught us that when we do good for others, it completes the whole life circle and our very purpose of living. That is what I think this pandemic has taught us."

The actor has acquired a special status in people's hearts for his exemplary humanitarian efforts over the last few months and people have been rooting for him to take up politics. Sood, however, brushes off any such suggestions. He says he has yet to go a long way in his acting career.

"Many people have suggested that I should get into politics, but I don't have any such plans. I still have many things to do in life. People have told me that 'we need people like you in politics to make a difference', but I don't know how I can do that now, I still have a lot to achieve as an actor. But if I decide to get into politics in the near future, I'll make sure that I bring about many changes in people's lives. I will do things that will change the public's perception of the political scene."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post